supporting multi-protocol unified storage, file storage and block storage data types
Data Protection Services
NUC Mini PCs
Nfina SAN devices are capable of taking unlimited snapshots, locally and remotely, with no single point of failure assuring your business data is secure. They are a high-availability solution for redundant hybrid cloud, on-premise storage, backup, disaster recovery, and virtual environments.
Offering redundancy for backup, disaster recovery, or business continuity, Nfina NAS solutions are ideal for an all-flash storage array or for creating storage pools in a HA cluster. In hyperconverged, virtualized systems, or AI environments, Nfina NAS deliver on performance and efficiency.
Designed for maximum storage capacity Nfina’s JBOD solutions provide an easy way to add incremental storage to existing storage networks. Nfina JBODs are also a nice compliment to our hybrid cloud solutions. Usually up to six JBODs can be added to your network allowing you to add storage as the need arises.
Data storage is the practice of storing digital data. Nfina’s data storage solutions include SAN, NAS, JBOD, and Hybrid Cloud Storage, which contain hard disk drives, solid-state drives, optical disks, tapes, etc. Nfina offers a data storage hierarchy of solutions, from entry-level to advanced data storage, depending on the amount of data, the performance, speed, and the number of people accessing the data. We support multi-protocol unified storage, file storage, and block storage data types. All storage devices purchased or leased include data storage consulting, 24/7 tech support, and a standard five-year warranty.
- SAN (Storage Area Network) is a data storage network that provides access to data storage through a network. The benefits of using a SAN include improved storage scalability, improved performance, and better data security and availability. SANs provide redundancy by replicating data across multiple disks on multiple servers. SANs typically use a block-level digital data type to access and store data but at Nfina our SANs support unified storage. In today’s IT environment with data growing exponentially, it only makes sense to have versatility in how your data is stored. Check out examples of our SAN Storage prices.
- NAS (Network Attached Storage) is a data storage device that enables users to store and access data from any connected device over a network. Using a NAS improves data security and access, enhances collaboration, and offers greater scalability. NAS devices typically us a file storage or tree structure for storing digital data, which is organized in files and nested folders. But at Nfina, our NAS devices support unified storage. Storage adaptability is key since most business need to store and access data using multiple protocols.
- JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) is a storage configuration where multiple disks are connected directly to a server. A JBOD allows you to combine disks to create a larger, more powerful storage solutions. Multiple JBODs can be linked together as your data usage increases.
- Hybrid Cloud Storage allows data to be stored on-premise and in multiple locations in the cloud for complete redundancy. Choosing the hybrid cloud approach offers more control and security of on-premise devices, with the cost effectiveness and greater scalability of cloud storage. An example of our hybrid cloud solution would be combining a NAS and multiple SANs, on-premise and in the cloud, using a multi-protocol unified storage data type. Management and monitoring of the networks would occur using our Nfina-Store and Nfina-View software.
- Structured Data Storage organizes data in a database. Examples of structured data storage include relational, object, and distributed databases.
- NFS (Network File System) and SMB/CIFS (Server Message Block/Common Internet File System) are structured data protocols used to access files over a network. Some benefits of using NFS and SMB/CIFS include improved data sharing and access, faster data transfer speeds, and increased data security.
- Unstructured Data Storage Solutions are a way of storing data without any specific structure. Examples of unstructured data storage include images, text, audio, and video files.
- Additional data storage types supported include application data storage, multi-protocol unified storage, block storage, file storage, and more.
- Unified storage supports multiple systems and protocols, typically SAN for block and NAS for file, and has since expanded to include cloud platforms. Unified storage includes physical and virtual servers accessed over a shared network. Unified storage from Nfina allows simultaneously access to file and block storage types. Nfina also uses unified storage in its Hybrid Cloud solutions. Unified storage uses standard file protocols like SMB/CIFS and NFS, alongside standard block protocols such as Fibre Channel and iSCSI. This allows users to centralize their storage needs into a single cluster or appliance rather than purchasing separate NAS and SANs. The benefit of unified storage are price, scalability, and the ability to access and run all workloads at peak performance on a single storage system. All storage offerings from Nfina (SAN, NAS, HCI-HA, and Hybrid Cloud) support the unified storage digital data storage type. Check out our Unified Storage System white paper for more information on unified storage and other digital data storage types
- Block storage is a type of storage that stores data in units, or blocks, and is typically used to store large amounts of data. Block storage improves scalability and performance, cost savings, and enhanced data reliability.
- File storage stores data on a server or storage system in a tree-like structure of files and folders. File storage improves performance, and provides cost savings and greater scalability.
Nfina is emerging as one of the leading data storage companies. We offer multiple options for acquiring storage solutions, such as purchasing our high-performance data storage outright or utilizing the Storage-as-a-Service offering. STaaS allows customers to lease equipment (on-premise and in the cloud) and provides the services of data storage consulting, management, and equipment maintenance with 24/7 tech support.
Data Storage management
Nfina-Store provides unlimited options to architect storage environments with iSCSI, Fibre Channel (FC) and NFS, SMB (CIFS) protocols for companies of any size – from small businesses, mid-size enterprises to large enterprises.
“ I’m enthralled with the level of service we receive. Nfina has more than proven their willingness and ability to help us with support as well as sales”
– George Passantino
IT Operations Supervisor, Clear Rate Communications
When there is a disruption to your environment, you need to be able to get your organization back up quickly.